Each of these courses are intended to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of business risk management. Risk management is the process of identifying business risks, assessing those risks, and implementing actions and strategies to reduce and/or eliminate those risks.
Risk management for fitness studios speaks to creating, fostering and delivering a safe environment for clients and employees, while also protecting the assets of the business.
Key Takeaways include:
- Gain a complete understanding of business risk management
- Identify the impact of operating by a code of ethics and doing business the right way
- Learn to implement actions and strategies to reduce and/or eliminate risks
- Determine the right ways to create a safe environment for clients and employees
- How to protect the assets of your business
CEC/CEUs- ACE: 0.2, NASM: 0.2, AFAA: 2, NSCA: 0.3, ACSM: 2
Course One – The Policies and Practices You Need to Know
- Define what risk management is and how it impacts the safety of your clients
- Describe the specific practices in respect to client safety that a fitness studio needs to institute to reduce client risk and overall business risk
- Detail what is required to implement an emergency response system, including a public access defibrillation program in a fitness studio.
- Learn what is meant by business ethics and how business ethics can differ from what is legally mandated in respect to conducting business
- Describe and execute on specific practices and policies that employees, clients and the marketplace would describe as a business with good ethics.
- Risk Management for the Studio Operator
- The Business Impact of Operating by a Code of Ethics
- Reducing Risk in Your Studio
- Business Ethics – Doing Business the Right Way for the Right Reasons
- Why Risk Management is Important
- And more!
Course Two – Consumer Safety and Business Ethics
- Be able define what risk management is and how it impacts the safety of a studios employees and contractors
- Describe the specific actions a studio should take to reduce health and safety risk to its staff
- Identify the specific actions a studio should take to protect the assets of its business from legal action or financial loss in respect to its handling of employee and contractors.
- Risk Management Practices to Enhance Employee Safety
- Risk Management Practices to Reduce Business Risk Involving Employees
- The Importance of Liability Waivers in Managing Business Risk
- Understanding Insurance
- Risk Management for Reducing Employee and Business Risk
- Watch video entitled An Overview of Insurance Coverage
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance for Studios
- Plus much more!
Testing Your Knowledge
Once each course is completed, you will take either a short eight or 10 question test that is designed to measure your retention of the content from the course. A score of 80% on the first test and 75% on the 2nd course test represents mastery and will result in earning the designated course CEC/CEUs.
"I would highly recommend any fitness studio to join AFS. They GENUINELY want to help you succeed, no matter what stage your business is in. I learned so much and I’m only beginning to utilize what they have to offer. The entire AFS team have really supported my efforts and I know they can do the same for you!"
Owner, Age Successfully