In an era where there’s a fitness studio, health club or other athletic facility seemingly on every city block, the concept of differentiation becomes a core element to attract and retain new clients. Your brand promise is key and that promise is inescapably linked to your credibility on the street.
You're Already a Busines Owner
Whether you're a trainer or instructor in a health club, YMCA, JCC, fitness studio or elsewhere - how you carry yourself, how you train, and even what you wear are all elements that make up your personal brand.
You're already running your own business, just within the four walls of your current facility!
Credibility through AFS
Industry associations by their very nature are formed to provide a collective and compelling voice to drive industry growth, to insulate it from damaging public policy, and promote the industry’s value to the public.
AFS members form one collective voice to counter any negative law, regulation or policy that might have a dramatic impact on you and your future.
Benefits to Drive Professional Growth
- Customized insurance plans
- Top-notch business education events to earn CECs/CEUs
- 'Starting Your Own Studio' Resource Center. Everything necessary under one roof.
- Exclusive networking opportunities. Direct access to some of the brightest minds in the fitness industry
- Market research benchmarks. Better understand what to charge for individual and group training sessions
- Professional profile. Post your resume, add certifications, awards, and more. Gain further exposure of your skill set
- Showcase the AFS Proud Member logo to instantly provide further credibility and professionalism to your own personal brand of training
- Client education resources. Set goals, identify challenges, increase engagement with performance agreements and quarterly client progress reports
- Revenue Producing Programs & Discounts. Everything from fitness accessories to equipment, get what you need at discounts not found elsewhere
Fitness professionals also receive all the benefits as Studio Owners!
Differentiate Yourself from Others
The code of conduct set forth for association membership was put in place to allow members to visibly proclaim their adherence to appropriate conduct, enhancing your local credibility.
Embracing the AFS Code of Conduct proves to consumers that you’re committed to their protection & satisfaction while serious about the long-term sustainability of your career.
Showcase Your Support
Show off your Proud Member logo whenever and wherever you can!
By showcasing visible evidence of your AFS membership, it serves as a constant reminder to your clients, members and prospects that you take their safety seriously. AFS membership and what it stands for, could very easily become a differentiator for you.
If you're not yet a member it’s possible you're already losing potential clients.
"At AFS, one of our biggest priorities is connecting members so they can leverage the combined experiences of each other to maximize their growth potential."
Founder & CEO
Association of Fitness Studios