2015 Fitness Studio Operating & Financial
Never before in the history of the fitness industry has a study been produced that measures the baseline operating and financial metrics of fitness studios - the fastest growing segment of the fitness facility industry.
According to independent research, there are now over 100,000 fitness studios in North America, encompassing a variety of fitness disciplines including personal training, group exercise, Hi Intensity Interval Training, indoor cycling, yoga, Pilates, martial arts, and others.
Among the more interesting findings in this report:
- The impact of ClassPass, Groupon, and LivingSocial
- How much studios pay front-line staff
- How studio owners compensate themselves
- Measuring profitability on a per square foot basis
- The importance of space utilization for revenue growth
- Average Retention/Attrition rates
- Understanding the pricing matrix based on studio size
- Essential Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Where studios are spending their money
The 2015 Fitness Studio Operating & Financial Benchmarking Report captures data from a critical mass of fitness studios of all types. The results have been tabulated and segmented by studio discipline, square footage, and geography.