30 years of experience in the fitness industry. Comprehensive professional liability coverage for personal trainers, yoga instructors, Pilates instructors, group exercise instructors, martial arts instructors and more!
Protect Yourself with Liability Coverage
Any training accident or disgruntled client can turn into a lawsuit when you least expect it. Get the liability coverage you need from a company that’s been protecting professionals like you for the last 30 years.
Download our exclusive Guide: Understanding Insurance - What You Need to Know.
Receive the latest information, better understand what coverage is best for you, and learn real-world examples of why it's critical to have the right insurance.
Go Anywhere, Stay Insured
The SFIC/AFS insurance coverage protects you wherever you work in the US. Whether you operate out of a single club, multiple clubs or even at a public facility such as a local park or activity center, SFIC has you covered.
More than Insurance, Get the Support of AFS
The best of two worlds. Get insured through AFS as a member and receive access to a wealth of tools, resources, and benefits to take your career to new heights!
How You're Protected
- Protects you against bodily injury to a client resulting from a failure to render "professional services," defined as "the providing of physical training, fitness counseling and nutritional counseling for a fee."
- $1,000,000 Each Occurrence
- Provides premises protection for any claims arising from the facilities you own, rent or occupy. You are indemnified for alleged negligence resulting in bodily injury, property damage or personal injury.
- $2,000,000 General Aggregate
Personal and Advertising
- Protects against suits involving libel, slander and wrongful invasion of privacy.
- $1,000,000 Personal and Advertising Injury Limit
- $1,000,000 Fire Damage Limit – any one fire
Abuse & Molestation
- Pays to defend against allegations of sexual misconduct.
- $100,000 Abuse or Molestation Defense Cost – per occurrence
- $300,000 Abuse or Molestation Defense Cost – aggregate
- Reimburses a third party for medical expenses incurred as a result of bodily injury. Unlike most GL policies, ours includes coverage for Athletic Participants.
- $10,000 Medical Expense – including participants
Get Insured Now!
Online application & same day coverage!
Looking for Insurance for your business? Read about our Insurance for Fitness Studios and Gyms.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I have insurance for myself, but I need insurance for my business, how do I get that set up?
A: Once you become a member of AFS, an SFIC agent will reach out to you to ensure you receive the $50 General Liability discount. They will also work with you to create a custom insurance package to meet your needs within your budget. Learn more.
Q: I need insurance for the trainers/instructors at my studio, do you offer that as well?
Q: How do I renew my insurance?