Wednesday, October 12, 2022

(MINNEAPOLIS, MN, October 12, 2022) – The Fitness Business Association (FBA) today announced the latest company added to its sponsor ranks, TeamUp, a DaySmart company, has joined as a Silver Sponsor.

Designed specially for fitness business owners, TeamUp offers bookings, payments, customer relationship management, access control for facilities, and a rich feature-set of business management including valuable insights and reporting.

Thursday, September 29, 2022

When I started working in and writing about the Fitness Industry ten years ago, it was a pretty straightforward operation. “Health is Wealth,” “No Pain No Gain,” “Get Buffed or Die Trying” were the buzzwords of the day.

In the second decade of the new century, we watched Fitness Facilities expand across the country, from huge franchise operations to small one-shop operations.

Wednesday, September 7, 2022

As I’ve mentioned in previous blog posts, I am a huge proponent of semi-private training and believe it is the most beneficial fitness business model for growth. For the past several years, most new gym franchises that have opened focus on large group training models.

Meanwhile, online training has grown exponentially during the pandemic, making both large group and online training models very crowded spaces

Friday, September 2, 2022

(MINNEAPOLIS, MN, September 2, 2022) – The Fitness Business Association (FBA) is ecstatic with the performance of its latest SUCCEED! Virtual Conference.

Proving that virtual conferences if done right are here to stay, the event again had over 2,000 attendees, increased to 80+ sessions, included a Fireside Chat with NPE, keynote from Shannon Fable and several additional significant enhancements which included...

Friday, August 26, 2022

As personal trainers and fitness professionals, it is essential to be different and help you stand out from the crowd. Your niche is the area of your industry that you decide to focus on. Deciding on your niche will help you build and scale your business while bringing in more clients and helping more people with their goals.

Finding a niche as soon as possible is essential for an online trainer.

Monday, August 8, 2022

A stroll down memory lane: perhaps you remember back when we would remove the Nintendo video game cartridge, blow on it, and put it back into the gaming console to resume our game. This widely-known-pre-internet tactic would often work wonders to reset a finicky machine so we could continue enjoying the game.

In hindsight, this tactic could have been a placebo, but it gave us a brief time out, a sense that we were in control of what was happening, and reset-then-resume, regardless of the game’s ultimate outcome.

Monday, August 1, 2022

Leading booking and customer management system, Gymcatch, launches new feature that will support kids and after-school activity operators take bookings and payments for multiple sub-profile accounts. 

‘Sub-profiles encourage participation, making it super easy for the customer to book and pay on behalf of kids, family, friends and dependents in one single transaction. It’s important to us that whilst staying affordable that our features make a positive difference to our customer’s business,’ says Ollie, CEO and co-founder at Gymcatch.

Monday, July 25, 2022

Now that people are returning in droves to their local facilities (for IRL "in real life" experiences), the New York Times reports that gym traffic is back to over 80% of the pre-lockdown levels, according to a survey by Jeffries, the financial services company.

Well, maybe that percentage may be a little high and it may not be actual droves, BUT... I would put it at around 60% since other surveys report that while 40% of former users canceled their memberships and won’t be going back, the remaining 60% will.

Thursday, July 21, 2022

The last couple of years have shown the many benefits digitalization can bring to fitness entrepreneurs and how intelligent use of collected data can provide unprecedented opportunities for personalization.

Customer data that trainers and clubs receive via apps and wearables provide an abundance of information.

Thursday, July 21, 2022

13 July 2022, Amsterdam, Netherlands

A new 2022 global customer survey from Virtuagym, the leading fitness technology provider, has found that a majority of clubs, studios and trainers (94%) are now using mobile apps as core components of their fitness businesses.